Remembering James Candlin --
James died tragically on September 9, 2016 while following one of his passions, traveling. He had a lifelong love for music, folk dance and many other good things to fill his days, such as family, friends, wine and food. We like to remember his kind spirit, gentle soul and British wit, as well, his passion for big figure-8s and extra twirls. His presence and spirit were as tall as he was. Please join us.
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Lucie Stern Community Center
1305 Middlefield Road
Check below for details and info on how to help.
||Contra and English Country Dance
||Casual clothes, comfortable shoes.
NO perfume or aftershave, please.
Schedule (All Times Approximate)
||Deer Creek Morris
||Memories of James
||English Country Dance
How Can I Help?
- The best way to help is to RSVP, if you haven't already. It's hard to tell how much help we need until we know how many people are coming! RSVP
via email to email@example.com or call us at 408.379.9491.
- Do you have an especially good or memorable picture of James? Meike would love to have it. Email
to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring a print to the dance.
- Do you have a story to share about James? Email the story to email@example.com to add it to our online memories.
- We need people to bring finger food (sweet or savory) for the break. Please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to help with this.
- We could use a few people who can get there early (1-2pm) to help with food and general setup.
We'll also need a few people to help during the dance. Please contact
- Any help people can give us in tidying up after dance will be appreciated.
- Some people have asked if there's a charity or organization
where contributions could be made in James' memory. Oxfam and Doctors without Borders are charities that James supported.
If you must send us some spam, please send it