Camp registration opens on Saturday, July 5 at 4:00p.m. Dinner will be served at 6:00 p.m. Dancing will begin at 7:30 p.m. An informative gathering along with staff introductions and brief class descriptions will be held at 9:00 p.m. The week will close after breakfast on Saturday, July 12.
The information that was emailed to registered campers on 6/9/08 & 6/21/08 is now available online. If you did not receive the email from our registrar Loren Kalmen, please read these files. We have posted information on local dances before and after the dance below.
The schedule is now available. You'll receive a copy when you check in and it will be posted around camp. (7/1/08).
- Gear 08.pdf - A packing list of essentials for your week at camp.
- Fragrance Free 08.pdf - Our fragrance free policy.
- Woodlands info 08.pdf - Important details about life at camp.
- Events Descriptions 08.pdf - A preview of camp activities.
- Musical Notes 08.pdf - Information about which dance shoes, instruments, music books and other musical accessories to bring.
- Woodlands driving directions.pdf
- You can also find directions to the camp on the Mendocino Woodlands website: www.mendocinowoodlands.org/map.html.
- Woodlands Map of Camp #1 - This map of the Mendocino Woodlands will be available when you check in, but it might help you find WHERE to check in.
- For more information regarding airport shuttle service from Oakland or San Francisco airports, maps, directions to camp, and other useful travel information, please visit www.bacds.org/camps/amweek/transportation.shtml
Below is some information regarding contra dance and band events happening nearby before and after American Week.
The Moving Violations
- July 12, Saturday 8-11 pm
- Contra Dance
- Joyce Miller calling
- Sonoma Valley Women’s Club
- 574 First St East, Sonoma, CA
- July 13, Sunday 6-9 pm
- Queer Contra Dance (open to all)
- Mavis McGaugh calling
- Ashkenaz Music & Dance Comm. Ctr.
- 1317 San Pablo @ Gilman, Berkeley, California
- June 29, Sunday, 4 - 7 pm
- Special Advanced Zesty Contra Dance
- Susan Petrick calling
- Hill and Valley Club, 1808 B Street, Hayward, CA
- July 1, Tuesday, House Concert, Oakland, CA
- July 2, Wednesday, 8pm, Contra Dance, Berkeley, CA
- Lynn Ackerson calling
- Grace North Church, 2138 Cedar St. (near Oxford), Berkeley
- July 3, Thursday, House Concert, Auburn, CA
- July 12, Saturday, 8-11 pm
- Contra Dance, $10 donation
- Lisa Greenleaf calling
- Coloma Community Ctr, 4623 T. St, Sacramento, CA
Other area dances:
- July 4, 2008
- Felton, CA
- July 12, 2008
- Palo Alto, CA
- July 12, 2008
- Ukiah, CA
- 7:30 to 10:30pm
- Tina Fields calling
- Band: West Road (Laura Smith and Darin Smith)
- Ukiah Methodist Church Social Hall
- 270 North Pine St (back entrance)
- more info (707) 463-2113