Participate in focused workshops on specific topics all day long, or kick back and play with a like-minded pick-up group. Bring your instruments and voice, learn by ear or by notation, and let traditional music beguile you. Both daily workshops and special one-time sessions will be offered.
Write That Tune! Hone your skills with the master, Larry Unger. Compose original tunes or improve those already in your repertoire. Be sure to bring your favorite instruments, your voice, your ears, a tape recorder, and manuscript paper.
Whether you’re looking to improve your fundamental Fiddling skills or already possess masterful technique, a wealth of fine teachers awaits you.
- Dave Langford will share his warm-spirited coaching as well as his valued expertise as displayed in such diverse bands as the Latter Day Lizards and Big Bandemonium.
- How can a pair of fiddles best work together in a band? The Moving Violations’ Van Kaynor and Ron Grosslein specialize in combining two fiddles to best advantage.
- Investigate slithery swing rhythms and arresting Gypsy music with Eden MacAdam-Somer.
Pot Luck … whatever your instrument, bring it to camp!
- Chuck Corman and Mark Murphy will be available for bass-ics.
- Becky Ashenden will share her keyboard skills and harmonizing secrets.
- Get help tooting your horn with wind player extraordinaire Bill Tomczak.
- Pluck guitar or mandolin? You couldn’t ask for better than Larry Unger, Dave Langford, and Sam Bartlett!
Participate in the Ensemble workshop, designed for musicians of all skill levels. Learn how to blend and balance with other instrumentalists to create music that will thrill and exhilarate dancers.
Find many opportunities to perform. Accompany dancers during Warm-up & Stretch, play for callers’ Open Mic, or join the Camper Band. Jam into the wee hours around the campfire or in the Meadow under the stars with some of the finest musicians to be found.