Make a Tax Deductible Donation to BACDS
Help support our mission to promote, preserve, perform, and teach
traditional American and English music and dance.
Your donation to BACDS is even more important during the current pandemic
when many of our in-person events are canceled.
We encourage you to mail a
paper check to the
or use the PayPal “Send to Friends & Family” option
to send to
sending your donation
from either your PayPal balance or your linked bank account.
If you don’t use a credit card, you maximize the value of your donation.
you can also donate using a credit or debit card either with or without a
PayPal account, but a service charge is deducted from all payment
as well as all payments using the big green “Donate!” button,
be giving money to PayPal and less to BACDS.
The Bay Area Country Dance Society (BACDS)
is an IRS-authorized 501(c)3 educational organization,
so your donation to us is tax-deductible.
is also a tax-deductible donation!
(see your tax consultant for details).
BACDS has perhaps the largest, most far-reaching, most eventful, and most
varied schedule of activities of any similar organization in the country.
We are best known for our regularly scheduled afternoon/evening
contra and English
country dances throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, and
for our several weekend and week-long dance camps.
Sadly, during this pandemic many of those events are suspended.
But BACDS does more to support the folk dance and music
tradition that isn't so visible.
During the Pandemic BACDS has:
- Hosted hundreds of online “virtual” music, dance, and workshop
events during the pandemic
- Provided leadership and support for developing best technical and
operational practices for online music & dance events
- Authorized and disbursed $29,800 in grants and work projects to a number of our musicians and sound techs to develop and share expertise in online music & dance events
- Presented each year over 200 regular evening dances, English and contra dance balls and workshops, and many residential and non-residential camps and weekends
- Funded over $30,000 annually in scholarships for young dancers and musicians to attend weekend events and camps
- Conducted classes for beginning, intermediate, and expert level traditional English and American dancers
- Created special workshops and dance events in collaboration with neighboring dance organizations
- Imported dance teachers and musicians from the East Coast, the Deep South, Canada, and England
- Provided growth opportunities for musicians, callers, teachers, and choreographers through open band sessions, woodshed evenings, and open mike events
is an IRS-authorized 501(c)3 organization, your donation is
tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed. More
importantly, your donation helps BACDS perform its mission.
Any amount is welcome, and gratefully received.
All online donations over $250 will receive an email receipt.
Donations by check can be made out to BACDS and mailed to:
c/o Allen Dodson
472 Redbud Court
Murphys, CA 95247
Please write on your check how you want the donation to be used:
- General Contribution [default if you don’t say otherwise]
- Supporting Performers
- Family Week
- Hey Days
- American Week
- Fall Frolick
- Odd Sundays
If you are using a credit card, you do not need
to have a PayPal account to donate securely.
This is not membership! To pay membership dues
see this page
Our tax ID number is 94-2576366.
We were incorporated as an educational non-profit in California in July 1982.
Click on the image at right for the
IRS authorization letter.