A camp and conference center in Aptos, Santa Cruz County, California. Secluded among coastal redwoods just inland from the shores of Monterey Bay south of Santa Cruz, Monte Toyon is an inviting and versatile camp and conference center. Take a walk among the Sumner Rhododendron Garden, one of the finest on the West Coast.
- Three dorms – housing for 146 people.
Meal Service – homemade meals served buffet style available for all groups, served in the dining hall by our friendly staff.
- Helgesson Hall – a light, spacious building with open-beamed ceiling and wood floors. Ideal for dancing and family gathering and round-up, with a stage and fireplace.
- Hollidge Hall – This comfortable meeting space can hold up to 50 persons.
- Silverthorn Chapel – a beautiful chapel in a wooded setting with panoramic views of the surrounding forest. This meeting space holds up to 50 people, with room for 25 more on the surrounding decks in nice weather.
- The Dining Hall Fireplace Room – This room, used for dining, can double as a meeting space for groups of up to 50 people.
- The Sun Room – a small meeting space for 10-12 persons in the Dining Hall.
- The Program Center – A small building near Helgesson Hall used as a meeting space for 10-15 persons (also used as a Nurse’s cabin).
- Outdoor Amphitheater – A beautiful outdoor meeting space for groups of up to 150. It has bench seating, a stage, outdoor lights, and a small fire circle.
- Three additional fire circles with bench seating.
- Eric Swanson Memorial Outdoor Classroom – lean-to structure with bench seating for 25 people, ideal for outdoor education.
- Large playfield with separate areas for baseball and volleyball.
- Basketball (half-court)
- Horseshoes, ping-pong
- The Sumner Rhododendron Garden -bench-seating available for meditation, reading or private conversations.
- Miles of hiking trails available – The camp is adjacent to the Nisene-Marks State Park.
- After BACDS Family Week camp, local options include nearby ocean beaches, the Santa Cruz boardwalk, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, local museums or historic missions. There might even be afternoon field trips to some of these places during camp.
There is very limited cell phone service at Monte Toyon.
Aptos, CA 95003